Public Swimming Pools, Spas & Special Use Pools
All public swimming pools, spas, and special use pools located in Greene County
To ensure that all public swimming pools, spas, and special use pools located in Greene County are licensed and operated in accordance with Chapter 3701-31 of the Ohio Administrative Code and are safe and free from physical and water related hazards.
The Environmental Health Division performs regular inspections of all licensed public swimming pools, spas, and special use pools in Greene County.
- Water chemistry analysis of disinfectant levels, pH, alkalinity, total dissolved solids and cyanuric acid.
- Inspection of physical facilities and required safety equipment.
- Monitoring flow rate of the circulation system.
- Verification that water chemistry monitoring is completed and that required records are completed / maintained by the pool or spa operator.
- Ohio Public Swimming Pool, Public Spa, and Special Use Pool Rules
Fact Sheets / Guidance Documents
- Cleaning up Body Fluid Spills on Pool Surfaces
- Fecal Accident Response Recommendations for Pool Staff
- Hyperchlorination to Kill Cryptosporidium When Chlorine Stabilizer is in Water
- Spa Operation Reference Guide
- Swimming Pool Operation Reference Guide
- 2023 Swimming Pool Training Presentation
- Application for a License to Operate a Public Swimming Pool
- Application for Plan Review for Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- Equipment Replacement Notification Form
- Weekly Pool/Spa Operation and Incident Report Log