Body Art Establishment
Any Body Art Establishment in Greene County
To maintain a safe and sanitary environment within Body Art Establishments according to the Body Art Rules rules in the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) 3701-9 and Ohio Revised Code (ORC) 3730.01 to 3730.99.
This program is to ensure sanitary practices for tattoos and piercing procedures. All tattoo and piercing procedures must be approved by the Greene County Combined Health District to insure the procedures are being followed by the OAC and the ORC.
Tattoo and body piercers are required to have the proper qualifications and training before they can be approved to work at a tattoo and piercing facility. All procedures including disposing of sharps, cleaning of equipment, maintaining records, and proper hand washing and disinfecting procedures must be maintained and followed to ensure the safety and sanitation of the operators and the customers.
- Verify completion of First Aid Training and Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Verify records are being kept for the sterilization equipment and proper steps for cleaning of these items are followed.
- Verify the correct procedure and documentation for all clients including minors.
- Verify the correct procedures for tattooing and body piercing.
- Inspection of the physical facility for cleanliness and easily cleanable equipment.
- Observe sanitation requirements of artists during a procedure.