To assist the residents of Greene County and the Greene County Emergency Management Agency before, during, and after a disaster in protecting the health of the public.
Greene County Public Health works in collaboration with other government agencies, volunteer organizations, and businesses at the local, regional, state and federal level to prepare for and respond to potential public health emergencies. Public health emergencies could include natural or man-made disasters and disease outbreaks. We continually plan and prepare to be able to mount a community wide response in the event of any emergency that threatens the health of the residents of Greene County. In many cases, public health’s response might involve; providing vaccines or medications, community information and education, enforcement of public health related rules and regulations, in addition to disease surveillance and investigation.
Emergency Preparedness Sites
- National Medical Reserve Corps
- American National Red Cross - Preparedness Today Website
- Ohio Emergency Management Agency
- Center for Disease Control, Emergency Preparedness and You
- Center for Disease Control, Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Dept. of Health & Human Services, Office of Emergency Preparedness
- Dept. of Homeland Security: Main web site