On-site Sewage Treatment Systems
County home owners with individual on-site sewage treatment systems.
To prevent non-point source water pollution, ground water contamination, and public health nuisances from raw or partially treated sewage discharge. To help homeowners maintain trouble-free operation and maintenance of their household sewage treatment systems.
The Environmental Health Division completes the following tasks for this program. Designs and/or approves submitted design plans for new or proposed sewage treatment systems on vacant lots. Evaluates property line changes for existing homes and proposed vacant lots. Provides guidance to homeowners that are experiencing problems with their existing sewage treatment systems. Evaluates the need for alteration, repair or replacement of a malfunction sewage treatment system. Inspects all installations of sewage treatment systems and inspects existing sewage treatment systems when requested or required.
- Registration of Installers, Service Providers, Septage Haulers, and Land Application Sites
Please contact the Health District at 937-374-5607 or 1-866-858-3588 for a current list of registered installers of household sewage treatment systems
- Analysis and review of site and soil evaluations to determine the sewage treatment capability of the soils naturally located on vacant land.
- Approval of vacant lot dimensions and sewage treatment system placement as defined by State and Local sewage regulations.
- Consultation on functioning and malfunctioning sewage treatment systems.
- Additional Applications, Forms and Factsheets
Septic Systems 101