Greene County Safe Communities Coalition works to prevent injury through community action by addressing safety issues through initiatives involving engineering, enforcement and education. The coalition is funded in part by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Administration through a grant from Ohio Department of Public Safety and the Governor’s Highway Safety Office.
The Ohio Department of Traffic Safety introduced the Safe Communities program to help:
- Decrease traffic injuries
- Increase safety awareness
- Decrease the amount of money spent on traffic-related injuries
- Increase the number of people involved in keeping communities safe
- The coalition is made up of a number of organizations from across Greene County and are always looking for new members.
We meet bi-monthly at 9:00AM at Greene County Public Health 360 Wilson Drive, Xenia, OH 45385.
2021 Meeting Dates are:
- February 17
- April 21
- June 16
- August 18
- October 20
- December 15
We host a number of events throughout the year:
- May: Click It or Ticket Kickoff Event and Spring Seat Belt Challenge with all local High Schools
- August: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over Kickoff Event
- September: Fall Seat Belt Challenge with all local High Schools
- October: State Farm Billboard Contest with all Local High Schools