Greene County Safe Communities Coalition works to prevent injury through community action by addressing safety issues through initiatives involving engineering, enforcement and education. The coalition is funded in part by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Administration through a grant from Ohio Department of Public Safety and the Governor’s Highway Safety Office.
The Ohio Department of Traffic Safety introduced the Safe Communities program to help:
- Decrease traffic injuries
- Increase safety awareness
- Decrease the amount of money spent on traffic-related injuries
- Increase the number of people involved in keeping communities safe
- The coalition is made up of a number of organizations from across Greene County and are always looking for new members.
We meet bi-monthly at 9:00AM at Greene County Public Health 360 Wilson Drive, Xenia, OH 45385 and through Zoom.
2023/2024 Meeting Dates are:
- June 21, 2023
- August 16, 2023
- October 18, 2023
- December 20, 2023
- February 21, 2024
- April 17, 2024
- June 19, 2024
We host a number of events throughout the year:
- April: Spring Seat Belt Challenge with local High Schools
- May: Click It or Ticket Kickoff Event and Spring Seat Belt Challenge with all local High Schools
- August: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over Kickoff Event
- October: Fall Seat Belt Challenge with all local High Schools