Greene County Remains at Medium Community Level of COVID-19 12/12/22
Greene County Remains at Medium Level in the CDC Community COVID-19 Levels Framework
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that Greene County remains at a Medium Level in its COVID-19 Community Level Framework.
Per the CDC, the weekly metrics used to determine the community level were listed as follows:
- Case Rate per 100,000 population: 147.39
- New COVID-19 admissions per 100,000 population: 17.7
- Staffed inpatient beds in use by patients with confirmed COVID-19: 3.3%
The COVID-19 Community Levels framework is a tool to help communities decide what prevention steps to take based on the latest data. Levels can be low, medium, or high and are determined by looking at hospital beds being used, hospital admissions, and the total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area. Take precautions to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 based on the COVID-19 Community Level in your area.
When a county is designated at a medium level in the CDC’s framework, the following actions are recommended:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines.
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- Wear a mask if you have symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Wear a mask on public transportation. You may choose to wear a mask at any time as an additional precaution to protect yourself and others.
- If you are at high risk for severe illness, consider wearing a mask indoors in public and taking additional precautions.
Greene County Public Health, along with our State and Federal partners, will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and make revised recommendations should conditions warrant. For additional questions or more information, please call 937-374-5600, visit www.gcph.info, or email email@example.com.