Drug-Free & Tobacco-Free Programs
To learn more about Tobacco/Vaping/Smoking Cessation, please call 937-374-5600 and ask for Shernaz or Jillian for more information. For the Baby & Me Tobacco Free program, please ask for Nancy.
For Drug-Free Healthy Communities information, please contact our main office at 937-374-5600. We collaborate with local agencies to work on the prevention and reduction of substance use (tobacco, illegal/prescription drugs, alcohol, etc.).
Greene County Programs
Ohio Department of Health
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
- Ohio Department of Health Cessation Home Page
- JUUL/ E-Cigarettes
Center for Disease Control and Prevention Tobacco Information
- Ohio Tobacco Quit Line
- Characteristics of a Multistate Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with E-cigarette Use, or Vaping — United States, 2019
- E-Cigarettes Shaped Like USB Flash Drives: Information for Parents, Educators & Health Care Professionals Factsheet
- What is the bottom line on the risks of e-cigarettes?
- Quick Facts on the Risks of E-cigarettes for Kids, Teens & Young Adults
- Smoking Cessation Leadership Center: The Opioid Epidemic & Smoking Infographic
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs Find Help & Treatment
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Recent Research Sheds New Light on Why Nicotine is So Addictive
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: The Role of the Brains Opioid System in Cigarette Addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Cigarettes & Other Tobacco Products
Tobacco is Hurting Someone You Know
- Smoking is the #1 preventable cause of death.
- Ohio has the 11th highest smoking rate in the country.
- 36,800 kids become new daily smokers each year in Ohio.
- 36.3 million packs of cigarettes are bought or smoked by Ohio kids each year.